PLEASE NOTE- The workshops have limited spaces and frequently book out early. It is essential to book and pay for your workshops in advance. Bookings are made with Erica Bates at email@example.com
ARTS IN THE OLIVES WORKSHOPS
SUNDAY CLASSES Registration from 8.00am Morning class 9.00- 11.30 am Afternoon Class 1.00 -3.30 pm
1. Batik: Patena Moesker -Full day workshop Sunday
Create a picture or a pattern. Learn about wax and dyes and wondrous colour on shimmering fabrics. Something to wear or something to frame. Patena has returned after time in Indonesia with new information and inspiration.
2. Clay & Cloth: Beaudesert Potters -Half day workshops Sunday
Create your own piece of art with clay and fabrics using various hand building techniques.
3. Basketry: Therese Flynn Clarke - Full day Saturday and Half day workshops Sunday
Saturday: Using random weave technique create a vessel or sculptural form using plant fibres and cane.
Sunday am: Create a twined basket using a variety of plant fibres with a stitched border
Sunday pm: Use plant fibres and recycled materials to create a small stitched basket. All workshops suitable for beginners.
4. Rugmaking : Bec Anderson – Half or full day workshops Sunday
Learn three different techniques for making rugs by hand: Primitive rug hooking, Hooky and Nalbinding.A good starting point for making bigger and better rugs of your own.
5 . Black Smithing: Gilbert Louttit – Full day workshops- Saturday and Sunday
This is a truly ‘by-hand’ experience of working metal. Come and play with fire for a day and see the magic that happens when you heat hard metal and hammer it with creative intent. A day of fun and challenge. Take home your own blacksmithed creation. Both days a mixture of beginners and repeat offenders. All materials and tuition provided.
6. Book Arts: Lorraine Brown – Half day workshops Sunday
Create your own flagbook. Using a mix of plain/decorative papers, different coloured book cloths and threads, you can make your own individual book.
7. Millefiori Polyclay Bead Making: Tallara Gray - Half day workshops Sunday
Discover the fun of making your own beads and jewellery and utilise the versatile material of polymer clay in this fresh exploration of the age-old millefiori technique.
8. Felting Flowers and Vessel: Amber Whatley - Half day workshops Sunday
Using only soap, water, and your hands, sculpt a totally unique piece of functional eco-friendly art in the ancient tradition of felt making.
9. Photography : Peter Williams - Afternoon workshop Sunday- Starting 2.30 – 5.00 pm
Photographing women in natural surroundings using all natural lighting- both subtractive and additive.
10. Ikebana: Japanese Flower Sculpture: Lily Karmatz - Half day or full day workshops Sunday
Discover the ancient art of Ikebana. Learn it’s history, and relationship to Zen philosophy, and how to create contempory arrangements that will bring nature into your home or office.
11. ******CANCELLED********The Magic of Glass - Mirror Making : Felicity Smith - Half day workshops Sunday
Learn the traditional skills of copper foil, soldering and antiquing using beautiful stained glass pieces to make your very own decorative mirror.
12. Landscape Painting: Dave Groom – Full Day Sunday
Become inspired by the majestic landscape of the Lost World Valley. Learn techniques for painting with acrylics, and create your very own landscape painting.
13. Mosaic with a Difference: Kym Braithwaite - Half or fullday workshops Sunday
Experience another aspect of the wonderfully versatile creative media that is mosaics, and create your very own “Jeannie in a Bottle”.
14. Wood Carving - Radha Pedersen – Full day workshop Sunday
Learn tool handling techniques, how to follow a pattern and how to view and construct depth while completing a relief carving of an olive leaf design.
15. Magical Monotypes: Sandra Pearce - Half day workshops Sunday
Monotypes are a spontaneous and creative form of print making using plants, stencils and other found materials to create one-of-a-kind and often unexpected images.
KIDS WORKSHOPS (Free, free,free!!)
1. Junk Orchestra with Rob & Jo
2. Kite Making with Tony
3. Collage message wall with Claudia
4. Recycle and reinvent fashion with Nancy
5. Clay and cloth with The Potters
6. Environmental sculpture with Casselle
7. Face painting and Circus fun